A random assortment of funnies+news+ photos+family updates+even sad stuff that Diana Miller enjoys.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Super-Awesome Cousin, Madigan Shive of Bonfire Madigan!

I just found this article and video clip and about Madigan and wanted to share it with my friends and family...
From Wiretap Music: "I have a lot to say about Madigan Shive, but before I get into that, let me attempt to describe her music. She makes music as Bonfire Madigan. Bonfire Madigan's sound is guttural and intense. A blend of classical, punk, and folk, her arrangements sometimes border on experimental, at other times epic, and on occasion she'll hit you with something you feel like singing along to. Overall I would call her music beautifully emotional and her performance engaging." To read more click here



"But there's even more. I found out Madigan was commissioned by two different theatre productions to compose music and perform live during the play! One wasin SF for The American Conservatory Theatre's 2008 production of 'Tis Pity She's a Whore, "(which I was able to attend and blown away by!)


"Also in 2008 Madigan composed music for an NYC off-Broadway production called Powerful Voices: Women in Ancient Greek Drama. You can learn more about these productions on her website."

The biggest news lately for Madigan is that she is a new mommy!  She had a beautiful baby boy this fall!

Congratulations Madigan!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love and leave a comment!